Each of us plays a role in our relationships and the dynamics that are created, nurtured, or enabled between us and our partners. Sometimes these dynamics can be unhealthy, such as when partners become codependent.
Codependency is something that countless people experience in their relationships, and it can be easy for partners to not recognize this for what it is and what role they play.
Sherry Gaba and Carla Romo created The Love Fix Podcast in order to provide an informative, introspective, and educational resource for people who are struggling with their relationships. They asked me to join them on their podcast to discuss codependency, vulnerability, and how each of us plays a role in our relationships.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What really blocks us from seeing our roles in our relationships and the patterns of the partners we pick
- It takes vulnerability to look at the role we play in our relationships
- It starts with the relationship you have with yourself
- What if the partner doesn’t see the role they play
- Overcoming codependency, dating, breakups, healing from toxic relationships, and gaining confidence
- What are some things to look for when deciding if this partnership can be long term
- How couples can get stuck in a pattern of not being emotionally open and vulnerable with each other
- Some ways to tell if therapy is working and how to bring it up with your therapist if you feel like it’s not.
- And so much more.
You don’t have to settle for less in your relationships, and Sherry, Carla, and I walk through all of these things and more in Episode 77 of the Love Fix Podcast: Codependency, Vulnerability, and Your Part in It.
For more information about Carla and Sherry, please visit their website here.